The Youth Ministry exists to glorify God by providing opportunities for students in grades 6-12 to believe in Jesus Christ, to grow in repentance and faith, to express their faith by loving God and others, and to share their faith in word and deed.
We meet weekly for one of the following activities (see schedule below for upcoming dates):
• Games and social time provide opportunities to develop friendships.
• Lessons help youth think about teenage issues from a biblical perspective.
• During the 2017-18 school year, our high school group will discuss how to help friends in crisis, and our junior high will go beyond "Surviving" to "Thriving in Middle School."
• Youth gather with 5-10 others of the same gender and age group in a setting that promotes relationship building, Bible study, accountability and prayer on a more personal level.
• Topics this school year will include prayer, wisdom, and conflict.
• These are great opportunities to invite friends who don’t normally attend church.
• Past activities have included paintball, an indoor trampoline park, Christian concerts, river tubing, and a dodgeball tournament.
• See the schedule below for what’s coming up next.
• Some, like Christmas caroling for our widows and shut-ins, are designed to minister to people within our congregation.
• Some, like helping at a local food pantry, are designed to care for people in our community.
• And others, like our Italian Dinner, are designed to raise funds for our summer mission trip.
Quarterly Multi-Church Events
• Fall Retreat
• Winter Mini-Retreat (a one-day event that usually includes a snow activity)
• Spring Mega Youth Event (usually at one of four local churches in our denomination)
• Summer Mission Trip (to Philadelphia in 2016; to Jamaica in 2017)
In addition to these activities, the Youth Ministry seeks to provide support for youth and their families in the following ways:
• A mentoring program connects high school students with multiple adult prayer partners and helps them transition to full participation in the life of the church before they graduate.
• Empty nest couples facilitate a monthly discussion and prayer group for parents of teens.
|Sun 10/1||6:00 pm||Small group Bible studies|
|Sun 10/8||6:00 pm||Fall party|
|Sun 10/15||6:00 pm||Youth Group|
|Sun 10/22||12:00 pm||Middle school to trampoline park|
|Fri 10/27||6:00 pm||Harvest Festival|
|Sun 11/5||6:00 pm||Small group Bible studies|
|Sun 11/12||6:00 pm||Youth Group|
|Sun 11/19||11:30 am||Operation Christmas Child|
|Sun 12/3||6:00 pm||Small group Bible studies|
|Sat 12/9||10:00 am||Youth babysit for MOPS families|
|Sun 12/17||4:30 pm||Christmas caroling and party|
Please contact the Director of Youth Ministries, John Rohrman,
for locations and other details regarding above activities.